Black Hawk State Historic Site Welcomes Home Sac and Fox of Oklahoma and Meskwaki of Tama for Special Dedication and Powwow Event
Rock Island County, City of East Moline, Village of Milan, City of Moline and City of Rock Island in Illinois and Scott County, City of Bettendorf and City of Davenport in Iowa have officially proclaimed May 1 & 2, 2010 to be Sauk and Meskwaki Days in the Quad Cities Region.
Festivities on Saturday, May 1:
- "Stroll through Springtime" with bird watching at 7:00 a.m., refreshments at 9:00 a.m. and wildflower walks at 10:00 a.m. leaving from the Watch Tower Lodge.
- Powwow Grand Entry at 1:00 p.m. with dancing and drumming until 4:00 p.m. on the north side of the site
- Powwow Grand Entry at 6:30 p.m. with dancing and drumming until 9:00 p.m. on the north side of the site
Festivities on Sunday, May 2:
- Formal dedication of the State of Illinois' new Saukenuk exhibit at 10:00 a.m. at the Watch Tower Lodge
- Powwow Grand Entry at 12:00 p.m. with dancing and drumming until 4:00 p.m. on the north side of the site
Parking and shuttle buses will be available off-site at the Black Hawk State Historic Site, Watch Tower Plaza, 4000 11th Street in Rock Island. For more information visit: